From the desk of our Elders and GFC Leadership, we are sending this letter in support of communication and precautions issued by local, state and federal agencies to share information regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). This communication isn’t based on fear, but about responsible precautions we will be taking as we follow the directives of U.S. Center for Disease Control and PrevenOon (CDC) and Texas Department of State Health Services, and local Dallas County.
With the heightened awareness and concern over the coronavirus, we want you to know that your health and safety is our highest concern. As we continue our services and closely monitor sources while working with local/ state agencies we are assuring cleanliness, sanitation, and preparation for all services at GFC. Below you will find guidelines we are asking all members to follow as well as local and state resources for you and your family. Please note we are also assuring our operation is within the safe guidelines referenced by Dallas County for the ban of gatherings over 500 people in one room (THIS DOES NOT IMPACT OUR SERVICES) as we at no given time seat 500 within the one room of our sanctuary.
Preventative Care During Services:
Based on the most currently available information, health officials have recommended local communities take the same necessary steps to protect themselves and others against the coronavirus that we’d take in preventing the spread of illnesses such as the flu.
Reference: DSHS (Department of State Health Services)
During GFC Services:
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue away.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Practice social distancing by refraining from hugging and shaking hands.
• If you are sick in any way or considered a high risk individual (see reference below) we encourage you to stay home and watch via streaming (i.e. Facebook, GFC APP)
HIGH RISK INDIVIDUALS:
• Over 65 Years of Age
• Heart Disease
• High Blood Pressure
• Weakened Immune System
• Those serving please wash hands in between each service and utilize hand sanitizer.
• Please utilize hand sanitizer when needed per the dispensers that will be located throughout the building.
• Please respect as our Pastors and leaders will model the same expectations within this update and love you so much.